Monday, January 02, 2017

Roasted veggies

It's cold and rainy here....and I wanted some "comfort food"....so I cleaned out my veggie drawer in the refrigerator....

My sweet sis gave me a couple of eggplants when I was her at a few weeks ago....this is the last one - peeled and chopped into bite-size pieces.  Olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder.




And the remaining root veggies in my bottom refrigerator drawer  - turnips and a "purple" sweet potato from Granny and Cordy, onions and a couple of carrots.  Also drizzled with olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder.

(The purple sweet potato is peeled - so you only see the slightly yellow flesh - tastes pretty much like a regular "orange" sweet potato that we're used to)



About a 1/2 hour later - roasted at 425 degrees - very sweet and yummy - no sugar added!!


2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Looks really good. And a bonus, you cleaned out your fridge. MOM

affectioknit said...

...Looks really yummy...I think I still have one eggplant too...hopefully...

Love,

T